Sunday, March 22, 2009

All The Men I Love Are DJs

Proud to be 1/2 Crate Digger. My pop's been spinnin so long I think his fingerprints match the grooves in the vinyl.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Amongst heads that hold true to the original elements, the DJ sees vinyl as not just a piece of wax but a physical cut of Time. Each groove is imprinted with the sound, atmosphere, and essence in which it was recorded. The idea of "spinning" the record back and forth for some presents the ability to manipulating that sound, atmosphere, and essence, down to the millisecond. Spinning vinyl is still regarded as a sacred art. Very rarely do you see crates now-a-days, what with modern technology, but the love for the music lives on.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Big Homie!
I even got on the wheels for like .5 seconds when X made a mad dash for the bathroom, mid-set. "I did good I did good!" And I looked kinda cool too...
Big kisses to all my DJs out there. Keep DIGGING! 
Photobucket

No comments: